Equity Plan Process 2019-2020
In order to ensure that districts that create equity plans receive support for both the creation of those plans and the pursuit of strategies articulated in those plans, TEA is revising the state’s approach to identifying which districts need to create equity plans in any given year.
Starting with the 2019-2020 school year, TEA will identify districts that have equity gaps in access to effective teaching by using the “meets or exceeds growth target” percentages for same student groups identified in the Texas Equity Toolkit (students of color and economically disadvantaged students).
Annual Equity Plan Submission
2019-20 Annual Equity Plan submission is from March 2 to May 1, 2020 via ISAM.
- In December 2019, TEA notified districts that have had student growth equity gaps greater than 10 percent in two of the last three years of their need to create an equity plan and submit between March 2nd and May 1st 2020.
- Districts that are identified may be eligible for priority points in various funding/grant programs through TEA (GYO, Principal Residency Grants, Mentorship Allotment, Teacher Leadership grants, etc.) to provide further support in closing equity gaps.
- The Texas Equity Toolkit website has been revised to support the creation of equity plans under this new process, and ESC Equity teams will be able to provide training on the revised equity planning process to interested districts.
- For further clarification on equity gap calculations download the Equity Gap Calculation document.
Equity Gap Calculation Document
- For a list of resources to support your local Equity Plan development by topic areas, download the Appendix of Resources document.
Appendix of Resources